25 February 2012

Deux Zero Six

Now the Ford Ka has gone and here's the new arrival in the Definitely Motoring fleet.


Peugeot 206

WELL well well, the change in the Definitely Motoring fleet has happened this week - about time too as that became a saga! I traded in my slightly rusty Ford Ka in part exchange for a lovely Peugeot 206.

I spent a lot on getting the Ka to pass its MOT. With new suspension all-round (front and rear) and a spot of welding under the driver's sill. It was better to get rid sooner rather than later. I don't want to be in a situation, when it wouldn't be economically viable keeping it.

The Ka has had its fair share of problems. With it being rust and some mechanical glitches. But that's not the only reason I wanted to get rid of it. The other is I wanted a slightly bigger car that was stylish, fun to drive and with more oomph. 

A while ago, I wrote a post on liking a 206 as my next set of wheels. For some time, it was on my shortlist as well as some other superminis. Recently, I have got myself a 10 year old, well looked after 206.

Out goes the rusty Ka. In comes the beautiful 206 as the Definitely Motoring fleet car. There will be future reports to see how living with the 206 fares. Keep your eyes peeled as there maybe the odd updates on the Peugeot every now and then.

One thing for sure is that it's a definite upgrade from the old Ka. Some would have said I've "manned up" with the new car I've purchased. The 206 is a cracking little car that fits my wants and needs.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a reply...