27 December 2011

Top Gear's back...

...and it's been a load of cliches. 



SOME of you might be glad to see it back on the Sunday night schedule on BBC Two. However, I wasn’t really excited but I did tune in and watch it. I mean, what else is there to watch on television on a Sunday evening? You can forget reality TV shows like Splash!, The X Factor and Dancing On Ice. I would rather stick pins in my eyes than watch that crap on TV.

Back to Top Gear, and I was just a bit underwhelmed when I watched tonight’s show. It was all rather clichéd therefore making it predictable. Oh here we go again, another batch of supercars being thrashed on the track which many dream of owning and the few who are wealthy or have the privilege to. We’ve seen it all before.

Don't get me wrong, I like supercars and we all feel like seven years old taking good glances at Ferraris or Lamborghinis. But shouldn't we have more affordable cars shown and tested on the show? Like a Ford Fiesta or a VW Golf GTi? It is a motoring programme - well it's supposed to be. Well it really is is three middle-aged men pratting about. With some classic cars deliberately getting ruined for the sake of entertainment.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting rather bored of Top Gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a reply...