27 December 2011

Oh rustin' hell!

My Ford Ka is falling victim to its worst enemy...RUST!!


REGULAR readers of Definitely Motoring will be aware of (mainly) my rants and raves of my Ford Ka. Well this is not good news concerning my car.

Rust is taking its toll on the vehicle but I can forgive it for being an 11 year old car. Mind you, when you compare to similar cars of that age like the Peugeot 106 and the Volkswagen Lupo. Ford Kas of a similar age are a shocker for rusting.

My car is sadly suffering from the tin worm – common on a lot of Ford Kas at a similar age. Rust is its worst enemy. With it on the sills, the doors, around the fuel cap, and on the tailgate around the pivot of the rear windscreen wiper. 

The worst of all is that rust is not only on the surface of the vehicle, it's also developing problems that can become structural. As there is small hole in the sill, a spot of welding is required to be done. This is so it can stop the corrosion from getting any worse than it already is. Not only that, this will potentially help the Ka pass its MOT in February next year.

I've had this Ford Ka for nearly two years by now. Being my first car, it's been fun and frustrating having it in equal measure. It's time to move on and let it go as this car is pretty much nearly on its last legs. With being safe in the knowledge that my job has become permanent, I can afford to change car too.

Bah! I've had enough and now is the time to get rid of the Ka. I've been talking about doing it for some time, but I have to get round to actually doing it sooner rather than later.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a reply...