19 January 2012

Top Gear is back

Clarkson, Hammond and May are back for a brand new series of the ever popular BBC show.


I WAS rather underwhelmed when I watched the most recent episode of Top Gear. When Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May went on their trip to India. Some bits were funny in the usual, tongue-in-the-cheek fashion, of which I like on Top Gear. Elsewhere, it was nothing other than cringeworthy. 

It's appalling that they [Clarkson, Hammond and May] bought three top notch British classics for the £7,000 budget they were given. Only to be trashed and ruined for the sake of entertainment. The Mini in particular, was uncomfortable viewing with the treatment it got. 

Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy watching Top Gear. I loved the challenges, such as Clarkson in an Aston Martin DB9. Against Hammond and May using other modes of transport in the race to Paris. The tribute to the late Formula 1 legend, Ayrton Senna was brilliant. Of course, the cars they review and race.

Besides that and stating the obvious, I watch Top Gear is because I like cars. It's as simple as that. But the recent episode wasn't really about cars. It was really a show with three middle-aged men on a road trip in India causing a nuisance albeit rather cliched. Reaching a point that it wasn't funny.

Anyways with the new and upcoming 18th series. I will be watching it, and I'm convinced it can be as good like it was before. Expect plenty of (excuse my language) pissing about as well. I just hope it ain't too short as there was only 6 episodes. It's hard to believe that this year the second format of Top Gear first came on the small screen ten years ago. 

The new series of Top Gear returns on Sunday 29th January at 8.00pm on BBC Two (also on BBC HD). Can't wait? Well here's a quick sneak preview of the new series to see for yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say and leave a reply...